Get Paid for Referring High Quality Candidates!
The External Referral Award Program offers a one-time referral payment to persons unaffiliated with Leonardo DRS Inc., to help Leonardo DRS attract, hire and retain the very best talent.
- Referral information will be submitted through the External Referral Award Program page.
- Positions qualified for the Leonardo DRS external referral award program will be on careers.leonardodrs.com.
- If more than one individual refers the same candidate and the candidate is hired by Leonardo DRS, the referral payment will be issued based on the time stamp of the referring individual’s submittal (provided the referred candidate completes 60 days of employment).
- Candidate must affirmatively inform Leonardo DRS of the identity of the individual by whom they were referred.
- Leonardo DRS will contact the candidate and instruct him or her to apply online through the Leonardo DRS Careers website.
To be eligible for an external referral award, the following information must be provided at the time of the initial submission:
- Referrer’s Name and contact information (phone number and email address)
- The potential candidate’s full name
- The potential candidate’s contact information (phone number and email address)
- The relationship to the potential candidate
- The requisition number(s) to which the referrer is referring the potential candidate
- The reason(s) the potential candidate is qualified for the position
- The potential candidate’s resume (and other documents, if applicable)
- One candidate per submittal
Referrals that do not include the required information or are submitted any other way or are not properly identified will not be eligible for this program. Referrals are valid for 12 months from the date of submittal.
If the referred candidate appears to be a match, the candidate will be contacted by HR. The referred person must acknowledge the referrer and then HR will ask the referred person to apply online through the Leonardo DRS careers website.
The terms and conditions of the external referral award program are subject to change or terminate at any time and in Leonardo DRS’ sole discretion.
Terms & Conditions
Individuals Not Eligible for An External Referral Award Payment
The following people/entities are not eligible to participate in this program:
- Current Leonardo DRS employees and their immediate family members
- Any person engaged in providing professional staffing, recruiting or placement services
Not eligible for an external referral award program if the candidate referred is a:
- Candidate has already been referred by a current Leonardo DRS employee
- Referrals from professional staffing, recruiting or placement services
- Current applicant to DRS (if they have applied to Leonardo DRS within the last 12 months)
- Recent or current contractor, consultant, or temporary employee
- Provider of services to Leonardo DRS (if they have provided services to Leonardo DRS in the last 12 months)
- Current or former Leonardo DRS employee
- Immediate family member of a current Leonardo DRS employee
Leonardo DRS will pay a one-time external referral payment up to $1,000 (gross) to the eligible referrer. The referral must result in a successful full time hire and such referred employee:
- Acknowledges the referred individual as the referrer
- Completes 60 days of continuous employment
- Is actively employed by Leonardo DRS at the time the external referral is to be paid
- Was hired as a result of an external referral program eligible position
If the external referral is successfully hired by Leonardo DRS, the referrer must complete and return to Leonardo DRS an IRS Form W-9 (and any other documentation that Leonardo DRS may require) in order to receive the external referral payment. This form will be provided to the referrer by Leonardo DRS once the referred candidate has started employment with Leonardo DRS.
Leonardo DRS will process the external referral award within 30 days after the referred employee completes 60 days of employment and the required documentation has been completed and submitted. Payments will be made on a 1099 basis and paid by Direct Deposit or a company check from Leonardo DRS.
External referral awards are paid pre-tax from Leonardo DRS. The referrer is responsible for paying the appropriate federal and state taxes on any payment received. Leonardo DRS will report referral payments to the appropriate tax authorities.
Human Resources Department
If you are having technical issues applying for a position on our career site or need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for a posted position, contact us via email: