Providing Integrated Broadcast Service
Leonardo DRS continues to push the limits of SWaP-C (Size, Weight, Power and Cost) in our family of multi-functional tactical terminals. We are packing more channels into smaller volumes, providing additional capabilities and saving space on platforms. That’s big thinking in compact, cutting-edge products.
For over 20 years, Leonardo DRS has been the leader in integrated broadcast services providing solutions that facilitate increased communications to all U.S. military branches and FVEY partner nations. Over 1,200 terminals have been designed, developed, integrated, tested, certified and produced to ensure militaries are equipped with the highest performing situational awareness capabilities.
- Platform Agnostic Tactical Terminals – Reception of near real-time threats, and supports air, ground and maritime operations.
- Beyond Line of Sight Communications – Provides beyond line-of-sight broadcast receiver for millions of threat, survivor, and blue force tracking reports daily without transmitting or the need for data forwarders.
- Situational Awareness – Enables world-wide situational awareness capability by connecting tactical users and intelligence nodes.
- Receive and Transmit Data – Simultaneously transmits and receives common interactive broadcast data and receives integrated broadcast service – simplex data.
- Multiple Channels to Support Multiple Waveforms – Multi-Channel Software Defined Terminals providing secure, near real-time threat, survivor, and blue force tracker data.
Next Generation Joint Tactical Terminal
Chosen by the U.S. Army to replace aging Joint Tactical Terminals ensuring military services keep pace with evolving technical advancements.
The Joint Tactical Terminal Next Generation (JTT-NG) is the smallest, most capable integrated broadcast service transceiver and/or receiver solution available, and it is certified by the Joint Interoperability Testing Center. JTT-NG provides the most comprehensive near real-time battlespace awareness capability to the warfighter by communicating millions of threat, survivor, and blue force tracking reports daily.
These advanced tactical receiver and transceiver systems are stand-alone, interoperable, beyond line-of-sight, and miniaturized common interactive broadcast systems with a 66% reduction in size, weight and power to meet warfighter requirements. With embedded capabilities to support future waveforms, the JTT-NG is the best long-term technical solution to meet critical mission needs.
The JTT Program office is currently accepting orders.
Joint Tactical Terminal Product Family
- Modular family of systems for integrated broadcast receive and transmit services
- Multi-channel and multi-waveform
- Software-defined radio with built-in capacity to support additional waveforms
- Receive, process and transmit more than 800,000 messages per day
- All terminals are certified by the Joint Interoperability Test Command
- Over 1,200 of Leonardo DRS’ Joint Tactical Terminals are deployed today
Integrated Broadcast Receiver – Miniaturized (IBR-Mini) I
The IBR-Mini is the next generation of Leonardo DRS’ Air Force Tactical Receive System-Ruggedized, yielding a two-thirds size and weight reduction while maintaining all functionality. It provides red side processing for filtering, correlation, and translation; therefore, freeing up platform processors for other mission functions. It is a four-channel, software-defined terminal that delivers integrated broadcast service via the common interactive broadcast waveform and is reprogrammable for future waveforms.
Joint Tactical Terminal – Miniaturized (JTT-Mini)
Our I2CEWS hardware adopts the Modular Open Systems Approach (MOSA) to ensure easy integration and interoperability with current military programs. Our commitment to open architecture standards is rooted in our design practices and results in low-risk solutions for our customers. We serve as committee chairman for multiple VITA standards and are leading participants of the MOSA, including SOSA, HOST, CMOSS, and OpenVPX efforts. This critical involvement ensures our products are interoperable across all military branches, program offices, and commercial entities.
Joint Tactical Terminal – Integrated Broadcast Service (JTT-IBS)
The JTT-IBS provides secure two way satellite communications for critical, near real-time multi-source threat, survivor, and blue force tracker data. It enables world-wide situational awareness capability by connecting tactical users and intelligence nodes.
Air Force Tactical Receive System – Ruggedized (AFTRS-R)
The AFTRS-R, also known as the IBR-3, provides secure, near real-time multi-source threat, survivor, and blue force tracker intelligence data. The system is optimized to receive integrated broadcast service intelligence data via UHF satellite communication broadcast channels, providing critical worldwide situational awareness to the warfighter.
Joint Tactical Terminal – Receiver (JTT-R)
The JTT-R provides four channels of secure reception of satellite communications for critical, near real-time multi-source threat, survivor, and blue force tracker data. It enables world-wide situational awareness capability by connecting tactical users and intelligence nodes.