One System for the Whole Fleet
The Leonardo DRS Vehicle Intercom System (VIS) is an off the shelf product that offers a flexible, future-proof solution to platform based audio. Designed for Military, Emergency Services vehicles and command posts or any other situation where high quality intra-crew and intrafleet voice communications is required. The Leonardo DRS VIS is fully interoperable with most existing tactical and emergency services radio and radio networks.
The Ethernet-based capability of the Leonardo DRS VIS network enables system integrators to construct audio networks using modular building blocks, which can then be deployed from mobile vehicles to Command and Control locations. All LRUs utilize a standard solution set.
The Leonardo DRS VIS is a scalable, modular system that can be used in applications from a combat vehicle, emergency response vehicle, all the way to a Command Post, offering a complete range of communication services.
Crystal Clear Communication
The Leonardo DRS VIS has been designed from the ground up to be a totally digital system using a software defined architecture to support Voice over IP communications. It supports Active Noise Reduction headsets, removing the background vehicle noise from the microphone and enhancing the speech quality and intelligibility.
Future Proof Design
The Leonardo DRS VIS leverages an open architecture based on Ethernet interfaces. All VIS components utilize FLASH based micro-processors which are field re-programmable. The audio system supports multiple CODECs and upgradeable software modules ensure compatibility with future communication requirements.
- Software defined capabilities
- Built on open standards
- Digital IP based interconnection
- Ethernet and power in the same cable
- Loop or flat networks for reliability
- Support for six network radios
- Active Noise Reduction (ANR) Support for crew headsets
- Support for up to sixteen crew members
- Independent volume control per crew member
- Interfaces to vehicle and vetronics (J1939/CAN and serial)
- Embedded internal message generator
- Voice alarm messages for vehicle status
- Interfaces to fleet management systems
- Suitable for use with Rotary Junction Box (RJB) slip ring type vehicles
- Rugged construction
- Utilizes state of the art codecs to ensure high quality audio even across low-bandwidth slip-rings
Radio Interface Unit (RIU)
Extends Intercom System with further interfaces to in vehicle radio. Each RIU interfaces to Tetra Radios.
Crew Station Unit (CSU)
Used by each crew members to access the intercom system and in-vehicle radios e.g. Tetra. Supports access to radios. Independent volume control per user. Support ANR for headset.
Loudspeaker Unit (LSU)
Rugged loudspeaker unit for reproduction of the VIS audio. Can be connected to CSU, DCU, and TCU.
A broad range of personal headsets are supported including ANR.