The Joint Assault Bridge (JAB) provides Mobility Augmentation Companies supporting Armored Brigade Combat Teams with a survivable, deployable and sustainable heavy-assault-bridging capability. The JAB provides gap-crossing capability to cross wet or dry gaps, and freedom of maneuver on the battlefield to keep pace with Abrams Heavy Brigade Combat Team operations. The JAB is an M1A1 Abrams tank hull with heavy (M1A2) suspension integrated with a hydraulic bridge launcher system to launch the existing Military Load Class 85 Armored Vehicle Launched Bridge (AVLB). The JAB improves force readiness, survivability, mobility and agility equal to the legacy force.
- The JAB provides survivability improvements over the current AVLB system.
- Center of Gravity location improves overall system mobility, maintains chassis reliability, and in general minimizes detrimental chassis impacts of previous assault bridge launch mechanisms.
- Mature hydraulic system, born from Leonardo DRS’ experience with hydraulic driven systems such as the Tunner 60K Aircraft Loader, and thoroughly tested by the U.S. Government. The hydraulic system incorporates proven industrial designs and hardware to improve safety, efficiency, reliability, supportability and cost.
- Rapid launch/retrieve times, significantly better than the AVLB, minimize the JAB crew’s exposure to hostile fire, and improves the maneuver element’s ability to rapidly overcome obstacles.
- Battlefield proven Leonardo DRS video technology further improves both the driver and commander’s situational awareness providing an unparalleled view during day, night, and conditions of limited visibility.
- Leonardo DRS Embedded Diagnostics technology enables the JAB Crew and maintainers to better ensure a high state of JAB system readiness both on and off the battlefield.
- Designed for Reliability, and qualified through rigorous U.S. Government testing at Aberdeen Proving Grounds, our JAB System is prepared to meet the uncompromising demands of the Combat Engineer.
- Exceptional vision through the vision blocks enable the Driver and Commander to better maintain situational awareness, and ensure timely mission accomplishment.