Clip-On Visibility in Day or Night and Under Degraded Conditions
The Sniper Precision Acquisition Rifle Thermal Night Sight – Elevator (SPARTN-E) provides night / day and degraded battlefield or weather condition visibility for the sniper by easily clipping the device in front of the existing day scope. The clip-on configuration allows the operator to maintain the existing day scope zero.
The SPARTN-E employs a completely passive, micro-cooled mid-wave infrared (IR) technology to provide a high-quality, large format, 640 x 480 resolution image, usable with day scope magnifications from 5x to > 25x. The proven range detect performance will match or exceed current Sniper Weapons Systems capabilities. The SPARTN-E has been ruggedized for use with most Sniper Weapon Systems. It is ideal for extended range target detection and identification, observation of environmental indicators, and is capable of tracking bullet trajectory making it the preferred Night Vision Device (NVD) for the Sniper or Reconnaissance role. The hot-swap battery capability and/or external power feature allows persistent over watch on extended missions.
The rear facing focus knob and controls are optimized for sniper conops.
- Rapid identification, acquisition, and engagement of targets
- Passive enemy engagement and threat detection
- Large-format imagery in degraded battlefield and weather conditions
- Provides bullet trajectory observation
- In-line, clip-on sight for easy attachment in front of existing pre-zeroed day scope
- Wired, remote control pendant designed for ease of use and low profile integration
- Elevation mechanism allows for target engagement to extreme range of weapon sight