Highly Integrated & Extremely Rugged Computing Server
The DDUx II is a highly integrated and extremely rugged computing Server incorporating Intel’s Core i7 processor technology, as well as removable 2.5” solid state hard drives and an extensive array of external interfaces. It was selected to be the official Processor Unit (PU) for our Mounted Family of Computer Systems (MFoCS).
The DDUx II is optimized for computing power, interfacing sensors & networks, and flexibility to deliver multiple concurrent capabilities in a compact form factor. Operation in the toughest military, Department of Homeland Security (DHS), and industrial environments has been validated through an intensive qualification program and fielded operations.
The DDUx II is optimized for computing power, interfacing sensors & networks, and has the flexibility to deliver multiple concurrent capabilities in a compact form factor. Operation in the toughest Military, Department of Homeland Security (DHS), and industrial environments has been validated through an intensive qualification program and fielded operations.
The DDUx II is ideally suited to meet computing, networking/routing, sensor integration, and video processing needs in mobile and harsh environments where reliability is critical. The architecture simultaneously supports hosting of applications, management of network infrastructures, collection and streaming of sensor data. The DDUx II can operate multiple operating systems and virtual machines concurrently to support diverse application and data distribution requirements.
A Capability Upgrade Bay (CUB) allows the DDUx II to be customized to support customer specific I/O demands for any application. Several standard CUB card options are available for additional Ethernet ports, 802.11 wireless and LTE Cellular.
The DDUx II incorporates a Trusted Platform Module 2.0 (TPM) as part of a comprehensive Embedded Security architecture based on advanced Trusted Computing technologies. The Hardware Root of Trust built by the DDUx II Embedded Hardware Security subsystem provides a unique and advanced foundation for Cybersecurity threat protection.
DDUx II Capabilities
- Application Hosting – Intel® Xeon® Quad Core processor allows the DDUx II to run multiple concurrent native and virtual applications.
- Position / Time Distribution – Commercial and Military embedded GPS card options enable internal use and external redistribution of Position, Time, TOD, and 1PPS information.
- Routing / Firewall – All of the DDUx II Ethernet ports can be managed by onboard open-source or Cisco® based network products to manage tactical or remote network infrastructures.
- Radio Interface & Control – Four Radio interface ports can be used to exchange data over VOIP / Data networks. Additional control interfaces allow remote control of data radios (ex. channel select, preset select).
- Radio Cross-Banding – Routing software tools enable Radio Cross-Banding or the exchange of voice/data between divergent radios, radio frequencies, and IP phones.
- Video Acquisition / Encoding / Streaming / DVR – Video management software tools enable full management of the four RS-170 video inputs including capture, encoding, storing and sharing of this data over the network.
- Embedded Hardware Security – The DDUx II employs multiple embedded security options that provide substantial protection against modern hardware focused cybersecurity threats. Technologies such as a Secure BIOS architecture, per-computer unique BIOS password assignment, digitally signed BIOS updates, factory provisioned TPM, Measured Launch environment, and secure storage of customer pre-placed keys are just a few of the unique security options. Security Deployment tools enable fleet implementation of Secure Boot and Self-Encrypting Drive technologies to protect data integrity and prevent unauthorized boot media.
- Family of Computing Solutions – The DDUx II is the Server member of an interoperable family of rugged computing solutions. It can be used standalone, with a 12”, 15”, or 17” display attached, or in conjunction with the 10.4” rugged Tablet