Providing Precision Ground-to-Ground and Ground-to-Air Lethality
- Moves and maneuvers with BCTs with necessary mobility, survivability and lethality to fight at the tactical level
- Detects, identifies and tracks air threats with on-board sensors providing 360 degree aerial surveillance
- Destroys or defeats ground and air threats using multiple kinetic effectors (direct fire and missiles)
- Provides protection for the vehicle and crew with the XM914 (30mm) and M240 (7.62mm)
- Integrates with existing Army networks and interoperable with Sentinel radar
- Defeats smaller air threats (Group 1 and 2 UAS) at closer ranges with direct fire (as required)
- Supports growth to directed energy when available
With Leonardo DRS’ Maneuver Air Defense solutions, Warfighters are able to maneuver at the tactical level with a complete detect, identify, track and defeat capability which defeats UAS, rotary-wing and fixed-wing threats.
By employing precision ground-to-ground and ground-to-air lethality, the Warfighter can possess proper balance of mobility, protection and firepower to maneuver and destroy threats.
Maneuver-Short Range Air Defense (M-SHORAD) Inc 1 is an Air Defense Artillery capability which moves and maneuvers in direct support of Brigade Combat Teams (BCT) to destroy, neutralize or deter low altitude aerial threats, including Group 3 UAS, rotary wing and fixed wing aircraft.
With Leonardo DRS’ M-SHORAD Inc 1 Mission Equipment Package (MEP) on a purpose-built Stryker, Warfighters maneuver with tactical units to detect, identify, track and defeat air threats.
The superior ground-to-air and ground-to-ground lethality creates overmatch for the Warfighters on the point of the spear.
Leonardo DRS Land Systems is in partnership with Leonardo DRS’ DRS RADA Technologies business, as well as L3Harris, Moog, and Northrop Grumman.